Recording a Dual- or Multi-Camera Video
Want the full guide? Download it here.
Recording a Dual-* or Multi-Camera* video requires an iOS device with the Swivl app and up to four additional devices (iOS, Android, or Chromebook) with the Swivl+ app. In order to record a session using Dual- or Multi-Camera, you must either have activated your Swivl Pro Plus trial or are a current Swivl Pro Plus subscriber.
*Dual-Camera = two recording devices, including the Primary Device
*Multi-Camera = up to five recording devices, including the Primary device
Preparing the Dual- or Multi-Camera session on the Swivl app:
- Open the Swivl app on the teacher’s device.
- Sign in to the app using your Swivl account credentials.
- Tap Capture in the Swivl app interface.
- Tap either the Dual- or Multi-Camera button at the bottom of the capture screen (Standard users will see “Dual-Camera” Pro Plus users will see “Multi-Camera”)
- The app will display the code that you will input on the other recording devices using the Swivl+ app, to join the session.
Joining the Session on the Swivl+ app:
- Open the Swivl+ app on your device or go to: plus.swivl.com if using a Chromebook
- Tap Join Session at the top of the screen.
- Enter the code displayed in the Swivl app and tap Join.
- As students join the session, the number of devices connected to the session will appear in at the bottom of the Swivl app capture screen.
Recording the Dual- or Multi-Camera Video:
- Tap the circular record button on the right side of the screen to initiate recording. If you are using a Swivl robot, you can also tap on the red button on the side of the Primary Marker.
- A countdown will begin on all recording devices. Once recording begins, all devices will capture both audio and video.
- When you are finished, tap the record button again and a timer will count down to the end of the recording.
- In order to access your Dual- or Multi-Camera project, you will need to upload all videos and log into your Swivl account in a browser. Watch a Multi-Camera video example here.