Updating the Firmware
The new C Series Robot looks similar to the Gen2 Robot, but can do a whole lot more!
Which robot do you have? The article you see here applies only to the Swivl C Series Robot. Click here for the Swivl Gen 2 Robot article.
For the best experience and performance of the Swivl Robot, you will need to update its firmware from time to time.
You will be alerted that a new firmware update is available within the Swivl app from time to time. The installation of the update should typically only take a couple of minutes.
Follow these steps to update the firmware, or check that you are using the latest version:
- Set up your C Series Swivl Robot.
- If there is a firmware update, a notification should appear in the Swivl app, requesting that you initiate the update.
- If no notification appears (or you declined to update), you can check for updates by tapping on Settings in the navigation bar within the Swivl app.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings screen to the Version section. The Swivl firmware version will be displayed.
- Tap Check for updates to initiate an install of any available updates. If this option does not appear, your firmware is up to date.
Updating the Marker Firmware
- Pair the marker to the base and turn it on.
- If there is an update, an alert will appear in the Swivl app. Tap to accept.
- Dock the marker in the back of the C Series robot.
- Once the update is complete, turn the marker back on.