Pairing Secondary Markers
The new C Series Robot looks similar to the Gen2 Robot, but can do a whole lot more!
Which robot do you have? The article you see here applies only to the Swivl C Series Robot. Click here for the Swivl Gen 2 Robot article.
The Swivl C Series Robot has the ability to collect audio from up to 5 markers simultaneously. Aside from the Primary Marker, which comes pre-paired in the base, you will need to pair each additional marker that you wish to use.
The marker that originally comes inside the Swivl Robot’s charging dock will be the Primary Marker, to which the Swivl will respond and track. The Primary Marker arrives pre-paired to the robot, so no pairing process is necessary. Secondary Markers must be paired, and will act as audio recording devices around the room.
Pairing Secondary Markers:
- Setup Swivl with your mobile device. Turn on Primary Marker to confirm it is paired and that the Swivl is tracking it.
- Remove packaging on the marker you wish to pair, and dock it in the Swivl base.
- Pair LED will blink multiple times to indicate pairing is in progress.
- Wait for the LED to stop blinking and become a solid light, then remove the marker from the dock and turn it on.
- Follow the prompts in the Swivl app to select a color for the marker, and apply a dot sticker of the same color to either side of the marker. Tap Done.
- Your newly paired marker will now appear in the Settings menu, along with the color you have assigned.
- Repeat steps for additional Secondary Markers.
Using multiple Markers allows you to capture multiple tracks of audio, which you can then access on Swivl. To learn more about accessing Swivl C Series audio tracks, click here.